The site of Skorba lies in the hamlet of Żebbiegħ, on the outskirts of Mġarr, overlooking the nearby valley and providing a spectacular view of the surrounding landscape.
Reasons to Visit
- A Maltese Prehistoric Temple site inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
- One of the oldest free-standing monuments of such scale and complexity in the world.
- The only megalithic Temple site in Malta to have been excavated in living memory using a scientific method.
- It is built partly of local Upper Coralline limestone, and partly of local Globigerina Limestone, which variation allows the visitor to distinguish between different phases of construction of the temple.
- Its location in Żebbiegħ offers not only a magnificent view of rural Maltese environment, but puts the visitor into the same landscape setting that surrounded the prehistoric temple builders.