Għar Dalam’s relevance as a prehistoric site was discovered in the latter half of the 19th Century with a series of excavations unearthing animal bones as well as human remains and artifacts. The Cave is a highly important site for its Palaeontology, archaeology and ecology.
Reasons to Visit
- Malta’s Oldest prehistoric site.
- Bones of Ice Age animals visible inside the cave.
- One of a handful of Victorian style displays in Europe as well as a didactic display.
- Remains and artefacts of the first human settlers in Malta.
- Water-worn cave with numerous geological features.
Għar Dalam Road,
B’Buġia BBG 9014